Friday, August 17, 2012

Fear of falling

“It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.” -J.K. Rowling

        I absolutely  love this quote: J.K. Rowling is right. There are so many times where I've failed while trying to learn something. When I was learning to use the scooter and ride a bike, I fell countless times. At first, I didn't want to try because I was afraid of getting hurt. I figured it was inevitable and I had the gear to prevent the pain, so I just embraced it. My legs are proof of all the times I fell and failed.

        When making my first salad, while cutting a tomato, I cut my finger (the cut was about as small as a miniature paper cut). Now I make a decent salad. I have failed at so many things so many times, but I try to pick myself back up. If you have too but you sometimes feel like giving up, look to quote like this for inspiration or to lift your spirits. If you did your best and failed, isn't it better than not doing anything at all?

There are so many quotes that tell you in your own way that I really like. Here are 2 of them:

       “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
-H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You

        "I failed my way to success"
-Thomas Edison

        Great people tell you to go ahead and fail. If you stand on their shoulders, fail, fall, get back up, and repeat (not doing the same thing every time, of course) until satisfied, you have the recipe for success! Enjoy. Wait until cool and serve with Expression. :)

2 comments: