Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Age

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
-Satchel Paige"
 
        If I was unaware of my age (10), I would try to estimate how old I was. I would judge form my height, weight, and comparison to others who knew their ages. I would judge from my grade in school. I would make up a birthday I would be born on March 3rd because, spelled out, March 3rd is 3/3, and I like the number 3. Whenever I would get a second I would ponder the question "Who am I? Really?"
 
At the end of the day, though, I would still be 10 years old, no matter how old I think I am, I'm always 10, even if I don't have something to prove it (until I turn 11, of course). To me, the answer to Satchel Paige's question (above) is like the answers to the following questions; "Before the Mount Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain (Mount Everest)" and "If a tree fell in the forest, and no one was there to witness it, did it make a sound? (Yes)." I guess the point of these questions is to ask you, if you don't have proof of something that is true, is it still true? The answer is yes. 
 
My question to any readers:  "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?                                                                               -Satchel Paige"

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel I'm 35. That's because I have an 11 yr old daughter, like you, and her best friend's mother is 35. Sometimes, when I'm not feeling so good about myself and the world, I feel as if I'm 60 at least. The truth is I'm somewhere in between.

    I'm your follower, Expression, and I think you write very well. You remind me so much of my own daughter, A. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, interesting question. I think I have always liked being my age, 10 when I was 10, 25 when I was 25 and now 38 when I am that many years old. So if I did not know how old I was it would not really matter I guess.

    p.s.: Enjoy reading what you write, like Sandhya above.

    ReplyDelete