Sunday, July 29, 2012

Information

        Today my post is about reading (again!) for me and getting information in general. I love to read and I have a lot of favorite books. But sometimes, instead of reading a book, I read on-line. I have a Google Reader Account (which I got thanks to my mom, who uses it also) so I usually go on and check new feed I have. H says that I also need to get used to reading an actual book, which I've been doing less of lately.

        Usually, H finds a book that has me hooked, read it in a day or two, and then read occasionally, then she find another book I really like, and so on. In other words, I read in spurts. For me, getting information has nothing to do with a newspaper. In fact, our house's newspaper contains information like what restaurant just opened.

 I get my news off of the Internet (to be specific, Google Reader) , the family dinner table, T.V., and mainly, NPR (National Public Radio), which I listen to in H's car when I'm being driven anywhere. I think that this assessment of news sources is the same for most of my friends. I think, as newer, younger generations are born, there will soon be no such thing as a book, all information and anything read will be on-line, on a Nook or E Reader, possibly a magazine. Am I opposed to that world?

 I'm not sure : I think everybody should be able to give themselves knowledge and entertainment how they want to, but should also try pushing their limits. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think everything should be kept in moderation (including moderation itself!).

No comments:

Post a Comment